Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Look What They're Saying!

Readers Write In On Baseball Piece
We don’t, as a rule, toot our own horn here on The Garlic. However, the calls, emails and letters have been flying in since we posted “Could You Please Tell Me, What Is This Thing Called Baseball?

Here’s a small sample of what we’ve received.
“This is a great article – especially since it doesn’t mention me.”Barry Bonds, San Francisco Giants

“I haven’t had time to read the complete article yet. It’s been a very busy period, getting the Mitchell Investigation into steroids off the ground, but as soon as things calm down, I’ve got it bookmarked to read.”Bud Selig, Commissioner, Major League Baseball
P.S. Let me know if you want someone from our Rules Committee to help you out with the Infield Fly Rule question

“While we have had some difficulties in forming a unified Government, I can tell you, everyone here – Sunnis, Shiite and Kurds all loved Could You Please Tell Me, What Is This Thing Called Baseball?Ibrahim al-Jaafari, Prime Minister, Iraq

“As you may know, I had to make a pretty big decision this past weekend and your baseball piece really helped chill me out and relax – Thanks!”Katie Couric , NBC Today Show ... CBS Evening News

“After reading ‘Could You Please Tell Me, What Is This Thing Called Baseball?’, I wish now, that Abramoff had taken us to a baseball game, instead of golfing.”Tom DeLay, Former Majority House Leader, U.S. Congress


“While I enjoyed reading your ‘Could You Please Tell Me, What Is This Thing Called Baseball?’, I fear it could fuel an upswing in illegal immigration, unless this government starts protecting our borders.”Lou Dobbs, CNN

“Nice article. I hope it motivates the media to actually go and report the good things that are happening at ballparks, and not just sit in their hotel rooms and watching it on television, writing about all the errors that are committed.”Laura Ingraham, Conservative Radio Host

Great piece! I’d like to ask if I can record ‘Could You Please Tell Me, What Is This Thing Called Baseball?’ for my next Spoken Word project?”
Barack Obama, Senator, U.S. Senate

Since I quit South Park, they’ve kept a pretty tight leash on me ... What I watch, what I read, what I eat ... But I was able to sneak on line and read ‘Could You Please Tell Me, What Is This Thing Called Baseball?’ ...Man, you are one, bad mother ... “Isaac Hayes, Singer/Composer and, formerly the voice of Chef

Read it yourself

No comments: