Saturday, July 08, 2006

More Letters On The Garlic’s Baseball Piece

Look What They Are Saying III!

Back in April, when we first posted “Could You Please Tell Me, What Is This Thing Called Baseball??” , we didn’t expect the avalanche of response to it. The Garlic as been flooded with emails, cards, letters, viral videos and unclassified documents.
Here’s more to wade through
Since getting back from Namibia, we’ve been catching up on our reading. Your baseball piece was excellent – so much so that the next child we have, we’ve decided to have it in Yankee Stadium.
Thanks!
Angelina Joile and Brad Pitt

It was very nice of President Bush to take me on a tour of Graceland. However, on the plane ride over from Japan, I read with great interest your “Could You Please Tell Me, What Is This Thing Called Baseball?” and would have preferred to go to an American baseball game (and I can tell you, I sure dropped enough hints).
Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi, Japan


I am going to give you a scoop.
After recently reading your post “Could You Please Tell Me, What Is This Thing Called Baseball?” I just had to quit Rocketboom, so I could begin my new career in baseball right away!





After reading your very fine baseball piece (okay, we didn’t exactly read it; It got swept up in our Domestic Surveillance Program), we decided to shift Alec Station to Summer Hours, so they could catch more baseball games.
Sorry for any confusion
General Michael V. Hayden
Director, Central Intelligence Agency





After reading your wonderful baseball story, I really should add to my recent Op-Ed in the Washington Post.
We do need fewer secrets – and much more baseball!
Jimmy Carter
39th president and founder of the Carter Center


I so much liked your story on American Baseball, I am going have copies printed and make it mandatory for passengers of our new Himalayan train service to read it (sorry I can’t let them go out on the Internet and look it up for themselves)
President Hu Jintao, China

With Major League Baseball’s All Star Game coming up next week, bone-up and read it for yourself
Could You Please Tell Me, What Is This Thing Called Baseball?

No comments: