Warning - Bypass this post if you don't want to be discouraged.
Well, we don't think that the First Lady will be taking any strolls through Baghdad with Senator John McCain in the near future - even if her husband has a pipeline to what's really going down, via some Iraqi bloggers (which, may, or may not, draw the ire of Catholic League President Bill Donohue).
No, if Laura wants bombing-free TV, she's going to have to sneak down, during the dead of night, to the Oval Office and steal all the pens. No pens, no veto (not that the Chief Decider is exactly versed in issuing vetoes). The time line to pull out goes in and the First Lady's discouragement melts away
Todays Laura Bush Bummer Bombing-of-the-Day
Dozens Killed in Revenge Attack in Iraq
Laura Bush: Much Of Iraq Is ‘Stable,’ There’s Just ‘One Bombing A Day That Discourages Everybody’
Brookings Institute Iraq Index
CNN Larry King - Interview With Laura Bush/"The Lost Tomb of Jesus"
Laura Bush: My husband never misled about Iraq
New Feature - The Laura Bush Bummer Bombing-of-the-Day
Tuesday, March 06, 2007 The Laura Bush Bummer Bombing-of-the Day
Friday, March 09, 2007 The Laura Bush Bummer Bombing-of-the Day
Friday, March 16, 2007 The Laura Bush Bummer Bombing-of-the Day
Tuesday, March 20, 2007 The Laura Bush Bummer Bombing-of-the Day
Perhaps, thanks to the Congress, the First Lady will have bombing-free TV back and be sans any discouragement
Wednesday, March 28, 2007
Tuesday, March 27, 2007
News Item: Et tu, Katie Couric?
10. Cooking - Get the Edwards to whip up some of their favorite dishes
9. Twisting her face with empathy, show the Edwards her video of getting a colonoscopy
8. More confrontational - For their decision to move forward with the campaign, attack the Edwards as being "glib"
7. Always a ratings-grabber - Complete makeover for Elizabeth Edwards
6. Pose the question that "Some people" feared the 60-Minutes signature ticking TAG Heuer stopwatch would "creep them out"
5. Could have brought out Mr. Gadget, to show off all the cool new medical devices
4. With that piercing faux sincerity, ask the Edwards if they blame their bloggers for the new bout of cancer
3. Ask Elizabeth Edwards if she thinks her cancer is the bad karma for her husband voting for the Iraq War
2. Live segment, with Edwards on the campaign trail, billed as "Where In The World Is John Edwards"
1. Why, what a coincidence ... Rush Limbaugh just happens to be in the studio, to tape another 'Free Speech" segment
Monday, March 26, 2007
Most interesting, as, just when you thought he was out, they pulled him right back in.
Crony General Alberto Gonzales must be ducking when pigeons fly over, he's got some many people gunning for his head.
But, the Chief Decider hasn't decided on letting him loose ... For loyalty? Or, does "Fredo" know where too many of the skulls and bones are buried.
With his Chief of Staff Kyle Sampson testifying this week, and his Chief Council Monica Goodling promising to take the Fifth, the biggest twist since Chubby Checker is gathering momentum, Crony General Gonzales is beginning to look like the geeky kid in the class, in an attempt to emulate the bullies, fires a spitball, but then, the whole class gets up and points him out to the teacher.
And who will the Chief Decider replace him with? Who can be counted on to continue the Bush policy of trampling the Constitution and building his Imperial Presidency? The Garlic Poll voters didn't have sand thrown in their eyes, they know who will be called upon. They know who will step in to serve his country, but only after an exhaustive search.
After all, you gotta make it look good ... You can be obvious, but not blatantly obvious ...
The Results - The Garlic's Weekly Poll March 18 - March 24, 2007
For President Bush to remove, either by firing, or accepting the resignation of his Crony General Alberto Gonzales, the race is on as to who will the Chief Decider will pick to replace him, so the choice is ...
1. He'll have Dick Cheney form a committee to find a new Attorney General and then Cheney will pick himself Tally 41%
2. Senator Joe Lieberman (R/I -CT) Tally 35%
3. Former FEMA Director Michael "He'll Do A Heck-of-a-Job" Brown Tally 16%
4. Former Assistant to the President for Domestic Policy Claude "I Have I Receipt For That" Allen Tally 8%
This week’s Poll - Boy, the way this thing is going, President Bush may have no better option with what to do with Crony General Alberto Gonzales than to ...
Scroll up to the top right corner to place your vote
Good Evening Garlic Fans
A thousand-and-one apologies for the light posting over the past week. It's been a somewhat rough period.
In addition to dealing with a full-fledged sinus infection (hopefully an isolated incident and not a harbinger for the Spring that is upon us), there's been a few real life, non-blog issues that have required attention.
So, it's been the case of either being too tired and not of clear thinking, or just jammed up for time that has impacted the posting. And it may be a day, or two, before full posting resumes.
In the event there is no fresh satire to romp through, bear with it and take some time to scroll down the Right Column to check out the 'Day In History' , other highlighted posts or the many links The Garlic offers to other great writing.
Many Thanks Again, for your support of The Garlic