Thursday, August 23, 2007

"I'm Shocked, Shocked To Find Gambling Going On Here! ... You're Winnings, Mr. Allawi"


Oh What A Tangle Web We Weave ...


Boy, that didn't take long.

We go from Saturday, when Bush Grindhouse puppet, Ayad Allawi, pens an Op-Ed in the Washington Post with his plans for Iraq, to today, with a report that the he's getting a big push from some Right-Wing heavy hitters.

Gee, I wonder if there was a connection?

Think Progress has the 411 here.

TPMmucker has it here.

Barbour Griffith & Rogers are the pushers ... Funny coincidence, a firm started by the former head of the RNC, and now, the Governor of Mississippi, Haley Barbour, who also happens to be a big time GOP crony, getting behind the Bush puppet.

Didn't notice that in Baker-Hamilton Report.

Didn't see a section that said to "Replace present Iraqi Government with the lackey puppet you tried installing right after your illegal invasion".

But wait, there's more.

Juan Cole has a report of a possible Military Coup in the offing, which, by the looks of it, doesn't put the Barbour poster boy in the big chair.

And, yes, all this is playing against the backdrop of the latest NIE Report released today released today, indicating high violence and low government in Iraq over the next year.

Sounds like The Commander Guy should have been quoting from the late Graham Chapman, and the rest of Monty Python, and not Graham Greene.














I've been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate, a poet, a pawn and a king
I've been up and down and over and out and I know one thing
Each time I find myself flat on my face
I pick myself up and get back in the race

No comments: