Friday, September 30, 2005

Friday 30 September 2005

DeLay's Wife Demands To Speak With President

Wants Answers But Not Sure Where To Camp Out - D.C., Crawford or Hurricane Region?

With her husband facing conspiracy charges, Christine DeLay last night demanded to speak with President Bush and wants answers on why the Republican Majority is more important than "Tom DeLay's personal freedom."

"I want him to tell me why my husband is being hung out to dry," Mrs. DeLay offered heatedly.

DeLay, whose nickna,ed "The Hammer" was indicted on Wednesday by Travis County District Attorney Ronnie Earle for conspiring with two former collegues of his political action committee, that alleges the three men violated Texas law by funneling corporate donations to Texas candidates.

Due to the indictment, and following House rules, DeLay was forced to step down from his Majority Leader position.

"He wanted Texas," said Mrs. DeLay, "Tommy gave him Texas. Tommy gave him a lot more, pushing through his 'so-called' agenda … No Child Left Behind … How about No Tommy DeLay Left Behind Mr. President!"

As reported yesterday by The Garlic, the Republican National Committee is putting together a 'Support Our Majority Leader' rally on Sunday, with a march down K Street. Celebrities like Carrot Top, Dennis Miller and Anna Nicole Smith are schedule to appear, along with California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, Vice President Dick Cheney and all Republican members of the House and Senate.

It is still unconfirmed if President Bush will attend the event.

"I hope he comes," said Mrs. DeLay. "I want him to tell me, to my face, the reasons."

Mrs. DeLay did concede she is in a quandary as to her next step. She has plans to camp out, in the same manner Cindy Sheehan has in seeking her audience with the President, however, she isn't sure where she will sit in protest.

"I don't know if I should camp out in front of the White House, go down to Crawford or follow him to the Gulf Coast."

President Bush has come under criticism, for, first, his slow reaction to Hurricane Katrina. Reports circulating say that staff members needed to put together a DVD of the media coverage and have the President watch it to get him engaged.

Since, the President has made seven trips to New Orleans, Mississippi and Texas, to deliver a national speech and to visit the stricken areas and comfort victims. Critics charge that the President is doing nothing more than a photo-op campaign, in attempts to repair his image and boost his plummeting approval ratings.

"I'll take a photo-op with him,: said Mrs. DeLay. 'And he'll get an earful from me at the same time. If he thinks he's going to abandon my husband, I'll rip him a new one and knock his teeth out for mumbling about it."

When apprised of his wife's comments, the former Majority Leader smiled.

"That's my girl," said the indicted DeLay. "On the hill, I might be 'The Hammer', but back home, Christine's "The Bulldozer'. If I was the President, I wouldn't want to want to be in his boots."

Christine DeLay did say she's holding airline reservations to California, in the event the President goes out West for a photo-op with emergency crews battling the raging brushfires in Los Angeles County.

"I'm also in constant contact with the National Weather Service, to get the word on any upcoming storms. He's not going to escape me."












At his appearance before the special House Committee investigating the governments' failures during Hurricane Katrina, former FEMA director Michael Brown was surprised to discover that karl Rove had flown Brown's brother, Sal, over from Sicily to attend the hearings. Brown, subsequentlhy blamed everyone, excepting himself and the Bush Administration.

No comments: