News Item: Romney never saw father on King march; Defends figurative words; evidence contradicts story
10. The first Super Bowl... I still have the picture in my head, Dad standing there, arm-and-arm, with Max McGee
9. Margaret Mead... I was very young, and it was on a dig in some foreign country ... I can still see, both of them, in their dirty khakis
8. U Thant... I believe that I saw Dad be the first person to greet him at the United Nations
7. Charlton Heston... In the early 60's, I think it was on the set of "The Greatest Story Ever Told" that I saw them ... If Dad were still alive, I can see him, at the NRA convention - who has endorsed me, by the way - handing Mr. Heston the "cold dead hands" rifle
6. John Glenn... It's so crystal clear, that I could swear Dad was on the first orbit with him
5. Miles Davis... It was just before 'Bitches Brew' came out ... Not many people saw it, but Dad was an old hipster ...
4. Ian Smith, the Rhodesian Prime Minister... In fact, as I remember seeing, Dad had, kind of, a Mormon Prophecy, and told Smith that the country would, some day, have a name like "Zimbaby", or something like that ...
3. Hank Aaron ... Dad was there the big night, No. 715... Almost can see Dad himself, hitting that homerun
2. Abba Eban ... I can still see them, like they were standing here today ... Dad told Eban, he could wrap things in in five, or six-days
1. I can see it clearly... August 15, 1965 ... Shea Stadium... Dad up there with The Beatles ...
Bonus Make-Up (and Made-Up) Mitt Riffs
Steve Benen/Crooks and Liars: Romney’s tall tale about MLK
Josh Marshall: Saw in the Sense of Imagined
TBogg: Black History Month with Rahsaan Roland Romney
Andrew Sullivan: It Gets Better
Is John Boehner Consulting The Romney Campaign, Giving Make-Up Mitt Crying Lessons?
Romney Speech: Where's Leonard Pinth Garnell When You Really Need Him?
Well ... Mitt would have seen his Dad there ... But, what the hey, he got the NRA endorsement, anyway ...