With President Bush all but coming out and defiantly saying “Blow Me” to James Baker and Lee Hamilton, following the release of the now “My Sister- My Daughter” Iraq Study Group Report, you have to place high odds, as did this past weeks’ Garlic Poll voters, that Vice President Dick Cheney and his jolly staff are burrowing their way through tons of government records, looking for something to smear and/or expose about any member of the group.
But in dismissing the report, the White House is blinded from the gift they have been given.
While the ISG Report does document what about 50% of the country has known now for nearly three-years, that “Bush and Cheney’s Excellent Iraq Adventure” is a historically unprecedented disaster, the focus has been less on that and what our AWOL Flyboy -Turned Bankrupt Oilman -Turned Gadfly Baseball Team Owner -Turned Death Machine Governor - Turned Court Appointed President is going to do.
So, Bush has another two-or-three-weeks before he’s exposed again of being a grinning incompetent. And what’s that old adage about even a blind squirrel gets an acorn once in awhile.
The Results - The Garlic's Weekly Poll December 3 - December 9, 2006
After President Bush receives the Iraq Study Group Report this week, he’ll...
1. Have the State Department leak another memo, this time saying how incompetent the Iraq Study Group really is Tally 26%
2. Get one of the White House interns to check out how much it will fetch on eBay Tally 24%
3. Put Dick Cheney and his staff to work, combing over it to see there’s no erosion of Executive Power Tally 19%
4. Take the points from it and apply them to his plans to attack and occupy
5. Give James Baker and Lee Hamilton Medal of Freedom Awards Tally 14%
This week’s Poll - With the Democratic-led 110th Congress planning on working a 5-Day week, we can expect...
Scroll up to the top right corner to place your vote
Even a blind squirrel gets an acorn once in awhile