Saturday, February 16, 2008

Obama, The Heart-Breaker


A little something for your Saturday morning coffee


Dahlia Lithwick, a senior editor at Slate, has penned, under the banner "low concept: Dubious and far-fetched ideas", a rather amusing post;

It's Not You, It's Me Letter from a young, hip, cynical former Obamamaniac

A few snippets;

"Last week, my hip friends were all thronging stadiums and manning phone banks for you. Now they're all blogging against you and downing water and Tylenol like they've just done 12 Obama shooters in 20 minutes and then barfed in the cloakroom.

So I've been thinking a lot about our time together, Barack. Supporting you wholeheartedly was the best damn 14 days of my life. I liked you before liking you was cool. But now it is, so it's not. Know what I mean? At least now I can go back to being flip and cynical and edgy again. I bet you wish you could, too."

Check it out - It's Not You, It's Me Letter from a young, hip, cynical former Obamamaniac


1 comment:

GDAEman said...

These young hip folk need to discover the Green Party. They had a chance with Edwards, who was taking on consolidated corporate power.

Can't resist... the idea is floating around of Edwards for Attorney General. We need to prosecute some Bush administration officials for ... oh, please don't make me list the crimes.