Sunday, October 12, 2008

"No Ma'am ... No ... I Can't Give You A Racist Pamphlet Right Now"

Remember the other day, when Stumblin' Bumblin' John McCain rose up to push back at the angry mobs of his rallies?

The elderly woman, he interrupted, to refute her statement that Barack Obama was an "Arab"?

Well, despite Johnnie Boy's admonition, she ain't buyin' it!

In Lakeville, McCain tamps down hostility

Late in the town hall meeting, Gayle Quinnell of Shakopee called Obama "an Arab." Taken aback, McCain shook his head and, taking the microphone from her, said, "No, ma'am. He's a decent family man, citizen that I just happen to have disagreements with on fundamental issues."

After the rally, Quinnell was unrepentant. "You can't trust Barack Hussein Obama because he is a Muslim and a terrorist," she said.
Oooooo-Kaaaaay ...

Well, fast forwarding here, some media met up with Ms. Quinnell, after the rally, and interviewed her.

It gets worse, much worse, then what showed in that video.

McCain Volunteer Sends Out "Obama is an Arab" Letters
This is an interview with her done by a live streaming cell phone. Interviewers include Noah Kunin, Senior Political Correspondent from The UpTake, Adam Aigner of NBC News and Dana Bash of CNN.

Quinnell I still do. Yeah. I’m not alone. I go to Burnsville, the main Republican headquarters and I do a lot of work over there. A lot of sending out mail and talking to people. And all the people agree with what I’m saying to you about Obama.

Quinnell Yeah I sent out 400 letters. I went to Kinkos and I got them all printed out. And I sent about 400 letters. I went in the telephone book and sent them out to people. So they can decide if they would want Obama.

Noah: You called him an Arab terrorist? Is that correct? Why do you think he is an Arab?

Quinnell Because his dad is. If you… I’ll send you the paper.

Female reporter: His dad is Muslim His dad was Muslim. Barack Obama has never been a Muslim.

Quinnell No but he’s….

Dana Bash of CNN :he’s a Christian.

Quinnell He’s not an Arab either, he’s a

Bush: His father was Muslim, and he’s a Christian.

Quinnell Yeah , but he’s still got Muslim in him. So that’s still part of him. I got all the stuff from the library and I could send you all kinds of stuff on him. In fact….

Bush: What did you think about McCain said. He said he’s a decent person.

Quinnell Well he did have didn’t have (unintelligible) I think McCain wanted to (unintelligible) I don’t think he wanted to say anything against him. You know he didn’t want to cut him down. That was my way of thinking. I don’t think he wanted to cut him down. So he just kind of brushed me off.
This is sad, very sad ...

Blogger Interrupted concurred, saying, in reference to McCain correcting Quinnell at the rally, on the video;
Broke my heart. It’s almost as if she was just told her coupon is expired at the supermarket. It’s that mundane, that sad.

Bonus McKKKain Links

Andrew Malcolm: What John Lewis' attack on John McCain was really about, and Obama's response

Josh Marshall: Darker and Darker

Nelson M.: We Actually Haven't Come That Far

Well, At Least They Didn't Use His Middle Name Today

This Has To Frost The Dead Campaign Express! ... Plus Breaking Updates!


No comments: