Thursday, December 04, 2008

"The Hell With You ... I'll Run Over Another Homeless Person, Too!"

Just when you think he is gone ...

The Man-Who-Likes-To-Out-Covert-Agents, the former half of "Errors and No Facts", the curmudgeon for whom real curmudgeons would (should) protest that is insulting to them, is totally unrepentant.

And that he would do the same thing over again, because, ruining Valerie Plame's career, throwing a gigantic wrench into a covert government program, monitoring and attempting to stop nuclear proliferation, even, possibly, putting Plame, her family, and other covert agents lives in danger, well, that just gets the back of his hand.

And just whose dung-under-the fingernails hand are we talking about.

Robert Novak
!

In an interview the other day, with The National Ledger, No Facts had this to say;

Q: Let's talk about the Valerie Plame affair, which caused you so much grief. If you had it to do over again, would you reveal who she was?

A: If you read my book, you find a certain ambivalence there. Journalistically, I thought it was an important story because it explained why the CIA would send Joe Wilson -- a former Clinton White House aide with no track record in intelligence and no experience in Niger -- on a fact-finding mission to Africa. From a personal point of view, I said in the book I probably should have ignored what I'd been told about Mrs. Wilson.

Now I'm much less ambivalent. I'd go full speed ahead because of the hateful and beastly way in which my left-wing critics in the press and Congress tried to make a political affair out of it and tried to ruin me. My response now is this: The hell with you. They didn't ruin me. I have my faith, my family, and a good life. A lot of people love me -- or like me. So they failed. I would do the same thing over again because I don't think I hurt Valerie Plame whatsoever.

Q: You saw up close what it's like to be the subject of so many news stories. Has this changed the way you view the journalistic profession?

A: I thought the journalistic community was terrible to me -- even members of the Gridiron Club, which is supposed to be a band of brothers and sisters. I thought one of the worst columns written on the Plame affair was by William Safire. He wrote a stupid column saying I should reveal the name of my source. He wanted to get his colleague at The New York Times, Judy Miller, off the hook with the prosecutors. He didn't know, as I knew, that my source, Richard Armitage, had long before identified himself to the FBI and the Justice Department. But my attorneys advised me to keep silent about the whole affair.
Here's a guy, priming with so much confidence, so much character and integrity, that he has to qualify "A lot of people love me ..." with an "or like me".

Not to mention how far up his ass his head is.

"I would do the same thing over again", due to abject horror directed at him, for being a lackey to a bunch of nitwit cronies, and outing a real, live covert agent, merely for political gamesmanship, retribution against a critic.

To bad they didn't ask him about hitting-and-running that homeless person earlier this year.

He was criticized for that as well, so, by his own beliefs, would he answer "To hell with you ... I would do the same thing over again because I don't think I hurt that homeless person whatsoever..."

Heads up you downtrodden men and woman of the D.C area ...


Bonus No Facts Riffs

Think Progress - Novak: ‘I Don’t Think I Hurt Valerie Plame’ And I Would Out Her Again Because The Left ‘Tried To Ruin Me’

The Raw Story: Tumor-stricken Novak retires from column gig

MediaMatters: Pressure getting to Novak?

Breaking News! White House, Congress To Clear “Outrage Backlog” ... Bush, Congress Plan Retro Rebuke Of Novak, Sun-Times Over Plame Leak; Tracing Funds, Gay Marriage, Flag Amendment, War On Terror Cited For “Outrage Backlog”

Bolton Defends Novak; Laments Not Using Same Tactic, Cussing With Senate Panel


1 comment:

GDAEman said...

Another Great Graphic.