Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Editor's Note ... Hang In There ... Good Stuff Is Coming!

Good Evening Garlic Fans

We hope, and trust, that you are all doing well (or, as well as it can be, considering the times).

I, in hindsight, probably should have posted this a day, or two ago.

As you may have noticed, I have been on somewhat of the light side, as to posting the past week, a week that has been riff and ripe with material to play with (It is much to do with my own standards - Unless I do 20, or more posts/week, I feel like a slacker)

It's nothing more then things being a bit cumbersome on the homefront, which has cut into my writing time, reading time, leaving me to turn on the creativity at odd hours, and rather out-of-sync.

The Aunt that I care for has had an uptick in her dementia (an increase in wanting to be taken "home", in which she is referring to her childhood home), which, at times, can be quite draining to deal with and bat down, getting her back on an even keel.

What seems to be effective in breaking the spells, are long walks, pushing her around in the wheelchair, going down the square, shopping (or taking her in to shops to look around) and, spending time (if they are out-and-about) talking with the neighbors.

We finish these type of activities and it's like the previous 2, 3, or 4-hours of non-stop, looped conversations never happened.

So, bear with me, good stuff is always a few free moments away.

Many Thanks, as always, for coming out and reading The Garlic

Peace
JTD


No comments: