Wednesday, May 10, 2006

More Letters on The Garlic’s Baseball Piece


Look What They're Saying Redux!
Since we first posted “Could You Please Tell Me, What Is This Thing Called Baseball??” last month, we’ve been getting cards, letters and emails on it (and posted a round of them a few days later.)

Here’s another batch to wade through

Since I’ve been in a letter-writing mode lately, thought I’d drop you a note to say how much I enjoyed the baseball essay and how much I learned from it. Perhaps, someday, we’ll have the game over here (and with the stadium lights powered by our new nuclear energy!)
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
President of Iran

I so enjoyed “Could You Please Tell Me, What Is This Thing Called Baseball?” that I’m going down on the floor right now, to offer an amendment to give all American $100 to attend a baseball game this summer.

After reading your baseball piece, I’m going to hold my breath until I can get myself to the nearest baseball park to catch a game
David Blaine, Illusionist and Stunt Performer

While I did like your baseball essay, it won’t prevent me from seeing that there are no illegal immigrants in baseball, even if that means building walls around all the major league stadiums to prevent them from entering. We have to draw the line somewhere.

After reading your baseball piece, I sure wish I could just spend my time at some ballgames next week, instead of sitting in a stuffy hearing room, getting grilled over my confirmation.
General Michael V. Hayden

I finally got around to reading “Could You Please Tell Me, What Is This Thing Called Baseball?” ... Nice job! ... And thanks for not mentioning Barry Bonds in it. Boy, are we in a pickle right now, with him about to tie and pass the Babe

Read it yourself

No comments: