Monday, April 04, 2005

Top Ten Cloves: Things Overheard At The Red Sox-Yankee Opener

10. If the Red Sox use another reliever, the bull pen cart is going to need a tune-up

9. Steinbrenner looks old enough to be one of the centerfield monuments

8. Mantei? … Man, I thought that was a new cocktail, or energy drink ...

7. Hey Schilling, I heard you know the real reason they call him 'The Unit'

6. Hey, Theo got carded again at the hotel bar again!

5. Okay Stottlemyre, with Zim gone, you're the designated old guy that gets thrown down if a fight breaks out tonight

4. Geez … They got that fat Irish guy singing here again this year

3. Man, I don't know what to hide it with ... Ask Giambi or Sheffield

2. Go check it out … A-Rod is still trying to talk Jeter into letting him play shortstop this year

1. I wish I didn't have to pitch … Varitek kept me up all night watching all that Pope stuff

No comments: